[ImageJ-devel] IMPORTANT: Developing with Windows

Stephan Preibisch preibisch at mpi-cbg.de
Wed Dec 15 19:09:42 CST 2010

Hi guys,

we ran into a serious issue that we accumulated a mixture of Windows and
Linux line ending in the git repositories. At the moment this mainly
concerns me and Lee Kamentsky. We will face major problems once we have to
merge things. There is a very simple solution to it that, that I use now:

a)      In eclipse go to Window -> Preferences -> General -> Workspace

b)      On the lower right you will find the section "New text file line
delimiter", set it to UNIX.

c)       Select all YOUR source code files in the project

d)      Go to File -> Convert Line Delemiters To -> Unix

Now commit the new files with Unix line endings and the problem will be
contained in the future!

Nice greetings,

Steffi