[ImageJ-devel] Headlessness

Grant B. Harris gharris at mbl.edu
Tue Aug 31 10:48:55 CDT 2010

  Image Jayers --

For running headless, ImageJA uses the trick of prepending the
headless.jar to the classpath, replacing Menus, gui.GenericDialog, and
util.Tools with modified GUI-less versions.

If we are to enable running headless in a future version, I'd like to
get ideas as to what strategies we might adopt (e.g. having a global
flag in the application context which allows gui-less operation of
plugins and other components,...)  Let's have a conversation on this.

-- Grant