[ImageJ-devel] JSR-305 Annotations

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Mon Aug 16 19:29:35 CDT 2010

Hi,

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Grant B. Harris wrote:

> JSR-305 defines annotations that enable static analysis, compiler
> checks, and other tools to improve safety and robustness. They are
> expected to be in JDK7. Any opinion on whether we might want to adopt
> the use of any of these as a group (perhaps at least in the 'core')?

Once again, I have to caution against staying on the bleeding edge of
3rd-party developments (and Java is very much a 3rd-party development).
Unless the code compiles without problems in plain Oracle/Sun Java 6 (you
did not say anything about that), I would recommend against using such
experimental features: As far as I can tell, ImageJ2 is about a _stable_
development using _known_ best practices.

If you concentrate on unstable or experimental features, that will have an
impact on your project as well.

Ciao,
Johannes