[ImageJ-devel] [fiji-devel] imglib coding style

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Wed Apr 14 17:02:20 CDT 2010

Hi Johannes,

I completely agree that we should not require Eclipse as an IDE for Fiji or
ImageJ developers. No way, no how. :-)

Rather, my idea was to setup Eclipse on the server for use as a post-commit
hook.

It is possible to invoke certain Eclipse features from the command line,
such as the code formatter:
http://blogs.operationaldynamics.com/andrew/software/java-gnome/eclipse-code-format-from-command-line.html

I have also been looking at Maven and it is capable of running many reports
(e.g., code coverage analysis) as part of its project web site generation.
With a continuous integration system such as Hudson in place, we can
leverage this functionality to provide a lot of feedback to the community on
a regular basis about the health of the project.

-Curtis