Updater V1 technical details
I'll use this page to document the changes made to the ImageJ Updater in the about to be released version called V1.
- Added a check whether Java version supports the HTTPS certificates.
- Depending on what's supported, the updater will use HTTPS or HTTP links for the update sites on imagej.net (and throw a warning in case HTTPS is not supported)
- Uploading via HTTPS is working now, both basic and digest authentication supported
- The updater is smarter about updating URLs of official sites (= listed on the list of available update sites) in case they change remotely
- It shows a approval dialog for activated update sites, when the URL changed in the official list of update sites.
- Supports migration from http to https for sites.imagej.net.
UpdateSite URL representation
Manually add update site and edit URL
Update Check on Startup
- this is the `onEvent` Method of the `DefaultUpdateService` which is called when the ImageJ UI is shown
ImageJUpdater implements UpdaterUI
- called from startup in case there are updates available (see last line in previous diagram)
- called via Help > Update...
Command line usage
ImageJ --update refresh-update-sites --simulate
ImageJ --update refresh-update-sites
ImageJ --update refresh-update-sites --updateall
ImageJ --update refresh-update-sites --keepall
- V1 imagej-updater PR
- V1 imagej-swing-ui PR
- V1 imagej-plugins-uploader-webdav PR
- Support redirects PR