SNT: Reconstruction Viewer
SNT's Reconstruction Viewer is a powerful OpenGL 3D visualization tool for both surface meshes and reconstructions
- It can be used as a standalone program or from withing SNT
- Advanced rendering supporting axes, transparency, color interpolation and path smoothing
- Interactive scenes (controlled rotations, panning, zoom, scaling, animation, "dark"/"light" mode)
- Tools for management and customization of scene elements
- Ability to render both local and remote files on the same scene
- Loading of surface meshes of several template brains (Drosophila and Allen CCF (Allen Mouse Brain Atlas))
Starting the Viewer
The Reconstruction Viewer may be used as either a stand-alone program or from within SNT. To open Reconstruction Viewer as a stand-alone program, go to . To open the program from within SNT, use the "Open Reconstruction Viewer" option in the 3D tab of the SNT dialog. If there are any tracings currently loaded in SNT, they will be displayed in Reconstruction Viewer after opening. Note that, for performance reasons, some Path Manager changes may need to be synchronized manually from RV controls. › ›
The display canvas supports multiple modes of interaction, including controlled rotations, panning, zoom, scaling, animation, and alternation between "dark" and "light" modes.
- Panning Right-Click + Drag
- Rotation Left-Click + Drag or Left/Right arrow keys
- Zoom Scroll the mouse wheel or use the +/- keys
- Animation Double Left-Click
- Snap to Top/Side View ^ Ctrl + Left-Click
- Toggle Axes A
- Toggle Camera Mode C
- Toggle Dark Mode D
- Fit View to Visible Objects F
- Reset View R
- Snapshot S
- Help H (notification) or F1 (list)
This menu provides control over the rendered scene.
- Fit to Visible Objects Computes a bounding box containing all objects of the scene and adjusts the zoom level to ensure all objects are within the camera view.
- Stretch-to-Fill Stretches the projection on the whole viewport.
- Impose Isotropic Scale Squares the aspect ratio of the selected dimensions, leaving the others unchanged.
- Reload Scene Resets the zoom level to the default, fitting and centering all scene objects into the camera view. The current rotation setting remains unchanged. Note if some drawables in the 3D scene are not being rendered properly when this option is selected, it will prompt to rebuild the scene completely.
- Rebuild Scene Clears all objects from the scene then rebuilds them from scratch.
- Wipe Scene Removes all objects from the scene. Note this action cannot be undone.
- Sync Path Manager Changes If the 3D scene contains any trees that are currently stored in the Path Manager, re-render these trees to reflect any change in the path structure given by the Path Manager.