- ImageJ User Manual
- ImageJ Documentation Wiki
- ImageJDev, a project to advance the core of ImageJ
- About the relationship between ImageJDev (also known as ImageJ2) and Fiji
- Wikipedia page on ImageJ
- Wikipedia page on Fiji
- Fiji on OHLOH
Links to the contributors' personal pages can be found here.
More ImageJ plugins
- Plugins on the ImageJ website, specifically links to external websites
- Plugins on the ImageJ Documentation Wiki
- The Biomedical Imaging Group in Lausanne has many interesting plugins.
- Christian Henden has some interesting plugins (mainly in the Public Domain), including 3D threshold methods: http://www.pvv.org/~perchrh/imagej/
Bio-Formats has started supporting parts of the Quicktime specification without relying on the native Quicktime4Java that is not even supported on 64-bit MacOSX, let alone Linux.
A pixel is not a little square. Really. It is not. Pixels may be spaced on a regular grid. But that does not make them square. Even thinking about them as squares will harm your analysis, since it is simply wrong.
Explore the Hypermedia Image Processing Reference of the Department of Artificial Intelligence in the University of Edinburgh for an extensive overview of available image processing techniques.
A scientific image is not a photograph!
Programming in science
Even Nature says that your code is good enough; you should publish it if you want to be a good scientist.
- An introduction to Java for kids (ebook)
- Mixing light-weight (Swing) and heavy-weight (AWT) components