The Eliceiri lab, also known as the Laboratory for Optical and Computational Instrumentation, is an interdisciplinary biophotonics laboratory at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
LOCI plays a very active role in the ImageJ community:
- LOCI launched the ImageJ2, SCIFIO and SciJava Common projects, and continues to drive their development.
- Together with CSBD/MPI-CBG, LOCI maintains the Fiji project.
- LOCI founded the Bio-Formats project, and led the project's development for several years.
- LOCI regularly funds and hosts hackathons intended to foster community development of open source biological software projects.
- LOCI hosts the
imagej.netweb services, as well as related services including
- LOCI current funds core Micro-Manager development work.
- The LOCI update site