For developers, Fiji as an open source project is hosted on a git source version control repository, with access to the source code of all internals, libraries and plugins, and eases the development and scripting of plugins.
Browse the news archive.
- Descriptions of bundled Plugins.
- A detailed overview of the Plugins Menu.
- Documentation for developers. Fiji Build System build system. Report a bug and see current bugs.
- Find contact information, mailing list, IRC and help (also about the Wiki markup syntax, or how to get an account).
- Hardware-accelerated 3D volume and mesh visualization, and 3D registration of image stacks.
- Register/edit/analyze/segment/annotate/3D model terabytes of confocal and electron microscopy images.
- SIFT and MOPS.
- Consistent and elastic 2D registration (bUnwarpJ)
- Stack slice registration
- Image montage (via TrakEM2) with global optimization (in 2D and across sections)
- Stitch multiple image stacks across X,Y,Z.
- Distortion correction: correct lens deformation induced by the microscope (optical and electron microscopy). See the Distortion Correction plugin manual.
- Label-based 3D alignment of image stacks.
- The core of Fiji.
See the Downloads page for debian packages and others.
Fiji is released under the General Public License.
Each component has its own license.