2015-02-09 - ImageJ 2.0.0-rc-24 released
First pass to reduce SCIFIO overhead:
- Fixed a bug resulting in 2-second timeouts when calling SCIFIO from a macro (b83c41e5).
- Improved caching of common data (boosts performance throughout ImageJ2) (7ae4103a...24051249).
- SCIFIO configurations use more sensible defaults, favoring performance.
- For some highly unscientific benchmarks of performance, see right.
- Better op code generation layer via Groovy parser (c51ce639).
- Divide built-in op implementations into namespaces (4e4a9e2f).
- Improve the project's build time (1c9d1d05).
- Better error messages when ops don't match (4de825c6).
- Support for unary & binary arithmetic with primitives (af05aff6).
- New kernel implementations + FFT ops (6c01f0ba, 61062163, e5567c3e).
Updated messages for Refresh Menus & related commands to be more user-friendly (hopefully).
Looking ahead at short-term goals:
- Fixes/improvements for command-line functionality.
- More SCIFIO performance improvements.
- An automated troubleshooter to improve the average user experience.