2012-03-12 - ImageJ 2.0.0-beta1 is nigh!
We are on track to release the first beta of ImageJ2 by the end of March. As shown on the Roadmap page, only a handful of tickets remain to be addressed.
The beta still has many bugs and limitations, but we have several substantial milestones:
- Support for most ImageJ1 plugins and macros
- Import and export of all SCIFIO-supported file formats
- Many new pixel types (thanks to ImgLib2)
- Multidimensional data beyond 5D (thanks to ImgLib2)
- Improved region of interest (ROI) tools
- Truly headless: image processing is separate from user interface
- Automatic updates: once you download beta1, ImageJ can update itself (with your permission)
- 171 new and/or reimplemented ImageJ2 plugins so far
We have made a substantial effort to document the work we are doing, and what needs to be done, to deliver a powerful and full-featured ImageJ2. All tasks are tracked by our Trac issue tracking system, which you can review in several ways:
- Roadmap - Top level overview of future releases, including progress toward
- Active Features by Milestone - A high-level list of features slated for each future release
- Active Tickets by Milestone - A complete list of every task left to do for each future release
You can also perform custom queries to further refine the results, if there are particular parts of the development that interest you.