[ImageJ-devel] plugin dev in elcipse

Mark Hiner hiner at wisc.edu
Thu Jul 9 13:35:22 CDT 2015

Hi Dan,

>its not obvious for an elclipse noob like me.

No worries. I definitely found the instructions confusing as well (which is
why for a long time I'd just build and copy the jars).

>what would a main class look like for running the coloc plugin straight
from ellipse

Coloc 2 already has a dependency on fiji-lib, so you just need a class with
two things:

1. import fiji.Debug;

2. a main method like this:
        Debug.run(null, null);
    }

You can just put that method in Coloc_2.java, for example, and run it in
Eclipse. It should start up an ImageJ instance with Coloc_2 installed
properly.

>i dont see any place where the coloc .jar is biult and saved? Where should
the built .jar be located by default?

If you build it as a Maven project Eclipse should create the .jars[1]. Also
all ImageJ/Fiji projects can be built from the command line[2] by using
mvn. In either case the output jar is in the /target subdirectory, per
Maven convention.

Let us know if you run into any more problems or if any of this is unclear!

Best,
Mark

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12993504/my-maven-java-project-in-eclipse-doesnt-generate-jar-file