[ImageJ-devel] Performing convolution using ImageJ2

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Mon Apr 20 15:25:35 CDT 2015

Hi Thorsten,

> I try to perform a simple convolution using imagej2. Unfortunately, it
> failed!

The exception you receive is because you are creating a new ImageJ
application context, rather than reusing the existing one. This happens
because you write:

   final ImageJ ij = new ImageJ();

The handle to the existing context can be obtained in one of two ways:

1) If you are writing an ImageJ1 plugin (e.g., an ij.plugin.Plugin), then
you can write:

    // retrieve the ImageJ application context
    final Context context = (Context) IJ.runPlugIn("org.scijava.Context",
"");
    final ImageJ ij = new ImageJ(context);

2) If you are writing an ImageJ2 plugin, then you can write:

    @Parameter
    private OpService ops

And just call "ops.convolve(...)" in your code.

Or if you really want the "ImageJ" object, you can write:

    @Parameter
    private ImageJ ij;

See also:
https://github.com/imagej/imagej-tutorials/