[ImageJ-devel] Solution to: "Why was Color_Inspector_3D-2.3-SNAPSHOT deleted?"

Johannes Schindelin schindelin at wisc.edu
Fri May 2 14:28:55 CDT 2014

Hi Curtis,

the problem occurred again, and I went on to investigate. The solution is
really easy: I made a serious mistake when bumping Color Inspector 3D to
the next release cycle over a year ago: 2.3 was released, but I switched
to 2.3-SNAPSHOT instead of 2.4-SNAPSHOT.

The "SD20: Remove Snapshots From Repository" job on our Maven server has
the checkbox "Remove if released" checked. Which makes sense, except when
you make a stupid mistake as I did.

Since I also released fiji-lib 2.0.0 yesterday, the same problem was
happening with fiji-lib, whose SNAPSHOT versions were deleted despite
pom-fiji still referencing them.

To remedy the problems, I updated pom-fiji, and I also told the "Remove
Snapshots" job to have a "grace period after release" of 31 days.

Ciao,
Dscho