[ImageJ-devel] [fiji-devel] moving to Java 7

Lee Kamentsky leek at broadinstitute.org
Fri Dec 5 08:56:36 CST 2014

For CelllProfiler, there's some packaging work that would need to be done
(we bundle the JRE with the Windows version and the Centos 6 RPM has Java 6
as a dependency). We rely on the system Java for the Mac presently and I
don't have a clear idea of what range of Java 7 support to expect on our
user's Macs.

It certainly seems like there is a lot of pressure to move to Java 7, so my
vote would be to move to Java 7, even considering the above.