[ImageJ-devel] ImageJ2 library set up and referencing?

Vera Andrejchenko vera.andrejcenko at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 03:10:05 CDT 2014

Dear ImageJ Dev community,

I would like to ask if ImageJ2 can be used as a library for developing
stand alone applications, (not only for plugins)?

What I would like to use it is:
- reading, writing, accessing pixel values of multidimensional
(multispectral) images,
- FFT, histograms, using the Filters (as they are in the ImageJ app)
- Addition, multiplication etc. of image pixel values as they are in the
Image Calculator methods (add, divide, multiply...)

What I tried so far is using the .jars from the ImageJ.app and referenced
them as external libraries from my project. But on the very beginning when
I try creating the ImageJ object
I keep receiving error messages related to some of the Services, for
example:

 java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Cannot instantiate more than one
DefaultLegacyService at net.imagej
.legacy.DefaultLegacyService.checkInstance(DefaultLegacyService.java:514)
and
Invalid service: net.imagej.legacy.DefaultLegacyService
        at
org.scijava.service.ServiceHelper.createExactService(ServiceHelper.java:279)

So I was wondering if I can use ImageJ2 as an image processing library for
my proejct...

If it is meant to be used as an image processing library which can be
referenced from other projects? If yes, could you send me some links I can
read how to properly set it up and reference the necessary libraries?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Greetings,
Vera