[ImageJ-devel] No edit menu in latest Fiji on Mac 10.7.5

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Fri Jun 14 15:55:33 CDT 2013

Hi Chris,

> I am trying to debug a macro in Fiji, and since I upgraded to the
> latest version, I no longer see the menu options when the macro window
> is selected, so I can no longer use the debugging feature.  Is this a
> known or fixable problem?

Are you talking about the Script Editor? (File > New > Script)

If so, on my system, the menus are at the top of the Script Editor window,
rather than integrated with the Mac screen menu bar. See this screenshot:

http://curtis.imagej.net/script-editor-menus.png

Of if you mean ImageJ's built in macro editor, which was previously
accessible via File > New > Text Window, I notice that that now also brings
up a Script Editor window when running an up-to-date Fiji. That might
technically be a bug; for the time being, you can work around it by using
Plugins > Macros > Edit and opening your macro that way, which will bring
up the macro editor rather than the Script Editor.

HTH,
Curtis