[ImageJ-devel] imagej.data.display.DefaultImageDisplay: Recent Commit.

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Mon Jul 1 10:29:52 CDT 2013

Hi again, Tyler,

On Mon, 1 Jul 2013, Johannes Schindelin wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Jun 2013, Tyler Corbin wrote:
>
> > Just an observation, and you may already have been informed of this
> > bug, so delete this if necessary:
> >
> > The June 27th commit of imagej.data.display.DefaultImageDisplay has a
> > bug in the method "display(final Object o)". It should be quite
> > obvious what the bug is if you compare this commit to the one on the
> > 12th of June.
> >
> > (Hint: NullPointerException on Line 228)
> >
> > All the best and have a great day.
>
> If you are referring to dataView being used but still being null in
> https://github.com/imagej/imagej/commit/038171567c2a608804db143659088271d1520120#L0L215
> then you went about contributing a patch in a very convoluted way ;-)

I analyzed this problem fully and came to this conclusion:

	https://github.com/imagej/imagej/commit/5319a8dd35aa23e1f09336240ec5f817b3a14467

Tyler, this could have been your first step to ImageJ fame ;-) (Please
take this as encouragement from my side rather than discouraging you from
future contributions!)

Ciao,
Johannes