[ImageJ-devel] *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Build failure with NetBeans

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Thu Oct 25 09:01:35 CDT 2012

Hi David,

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012, David Parsons wrote:

> Regarding whether to write an ImageJ1 or ImageJ2 plugin, I must say I do
> not know.
>
> What we do want is the plugin to be available to the majority of end
> users.  As I understood it, ImageJ1 plugins will get to work with
> ImageJ2 thanks to a compatibility layer. However I am not sure of
> ImageJ2 plugins to work with ImageJ1. I hence tend to go toward a
> ImageJ1 plugin.

IJ1 plugins have the advantage that it works with IJ1, true. But they are
limited to the data types of IJ1. Depending on your Java skills, you might
want to use ImgLib2. There will be good tutorials on our Wiki soon.

> As for the problem I mentioned earlier, I didn't get around it yet, I'm
> actually not sure whether I'm using the correct repository.  I first
> tried with the git://github.com/imagej/imagej.git repo which is
> mentioned on the http://developer.imagej.net/netbeans page. This is when
> I got the error I posted previously.
>
> However, as you mentioned fiji.git I thought that might have been my
> mistake and got this one instead : fiji.sc:/srv/git/fiji.git Well, it
> doesn't work better and neither seems to have received a commit today...
>
> I'm sorry to have to ask for such basic assistance but which repo and
> which branch should I be fetching?

It really depends what you want to do. If all you want is to write a
simple ImageJ1 plugin, the best idea would be to clone and enhance

	https://github.com/imagej/minimal-ij1-plugin

As to the newest commit:

	https://github.com/fiji/fiji

has it. Depending on my mood, I push to GitHub or fiji.sc and ImageJ's
Jenkins synchronizes them. You might have had a look too quickly, before
Jenkins could push it.

In any case, the problem in your existing ImageJ2 clone (without
re-fetching!) should be gone because the Maven repository was updated. All
you need to do is ask Netbeans to update the Maven dependencies.

Ciao,
Johannes