[ImageJ-devel] GitHub mirror of KNIME's image-processing repository?

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Fri Nov 30 13:12:50 CST 2012

Hi Martin,

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012, Martin Horn wrote:

> danke für das Angebot! Da die KNIME-Leute ja ebenfalls
> einen Jenkins-Server laufen haben, ist nur logisch bzw. sinnvoller, den
> mirror-job von diesem auch erledigen zu lassen. Wenn ich mich recht
> erinnere, hast du mir das Skript zum "mirrorn" ja bereits gegeben. Den
> public key können wir ja dann trotzdem für das Github-repo nutzen.

For the benefit of the English speakers on this list, I translate it:

	thank you for your offer! Since the KNIME people have a Jenkins
	server, too, it makes more sense to let the mirror job run there.
	IIRC you gave me the mirror script already. We can use the public
	key in any case.

The mirror script has evolved, please have a look at:

	https://github.com/scijava/scijava-common/commits/master/bin/git-svn-synchronizer.sh

You are welcome to set it up, but keep in mind that you will need to add a
private SSH key to the Jenkins job, which requires shell access.

Likewise, it is not enough to install the public key, you need a private
key, too, otherwise the job will be denied write access.

Lastly, your Jenkins node needs to have git-svn installed and the first
run is prone to fail since git-svn denies server certificates by default;
you need to run that script manually the first time to record the
certificate fingerprint manually.

If you still want to do it yourself, be my guest! Otherwise, our offer is
still open ;-)

Ciao,
Dscho