[ImageJ-devel] ROI -> Overlay bug

Senseney, Justin (NIH/CIT) [E] senseneyj at mail.nih.gov
Thu May 10 12:38:58 CDT 2012

Gabriel's nice points brought up  the issue of bias in counting pixels (a common problem in image processing applications is that when turning a shape with curves into pixels, the pixels are under-counted on the LHS and over-counted on the RHS, IJ2's bug appears to be have a top/down orientation).  This problem is present in IJ2, but has been solved in IJ1 (I think was maybe even solved not too long ago in IJ1).  Here is an example:

IJ2's circle (I did fill then invert to get the black):
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CD2EB2.40B82A00]
IJ1's circle:
[cid:image002.jpg at 01CD2EB2.40B82A00]

Justin Senseney