[ImageJ-devel] Questions about imglib2

Stephan Saalfeld saalfeld at mpi-cbg.de
Thu Mar 15 08:18:13 CDT 2012

> Note that we need to extract all code referencing AWT into a new component
> and confine AWT's use to that component. So we might need to either move
> ScreenImage out to, say, imglib2-awt or strip it from all mentions of
> AWT's classes and interfaces.

If dependency on AWT in imglib2-core is not wanted, then we should move
the entire display package into a new sub-project imglib2-awt.  However,
the sole purpose ScreenImage interface being to return an awt Image it
cannot be stripped from AWT dependency.

The display package in its current for is all about generating an AWT
image.  Do you have an alternative display in mind?  Is there any code?

Thanks and best,
Stephan