[ImageJ-devel] [ImageJ] #1104: Cannot open XML files for TrakEM2

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Mon Aug 6 14:25:54 CDT 2012

Hi Albert et. al,

Barry wrote:
> I have heard nothing back. Albert, I am closing this ticket as invalid. If
> you have more details then reopen this ticket and provide them. Thanks.

The reason Barry heard nothing back is because Albert replied to the
trac at imagej.net email address, which is *not* a shortcut for updating the
Trac ticket, but only goes to me. So I saw his reply months ago (in April)
where it sat in my "to-do" queue until Barry closed the ticket. So sorry
for that, Albert.

Ideally we would set up that email address to update the Trac tickets
intelligently, but it is a technical challenge that would take a
non-trivial amount of time to achieve. So instead I'll ask that if you want
to update a ticket, you either log in to Trac to do it, or just send an
email to imagej-devel about it. Further, I'll try to be better about
handling incoming mail to trac at imagej.net in a prompt fashion.

Albert wrote:
> Regarding ImageJ-2s opener: it is unclear to me if the policy will be
> to be able to open anything from "File - Open" like in ImageJ-1. If
> not, that's fine: TrakEM2 would open from "File - Import - TrakEM2" or
> another appropriate entry point.

The plan is for "File > Open" and "File > Save" to be extensible with I/O
plugins, a particular type of ImageJ plugin. There is a ticket for this:

    http://trac.imagej.net/ticket/9

Unfortunately, it has been repeatedly pushed back. It is something I am
hoping to finish for beta4 or beta5, though difficult to say for sure at
this point whether it will make it in. It is definitely an important
feature of ImageJ2 we need to complete before the 2.0.0 release version.