[ImageJ-devel] alpha 3

Gabriel Landini G.Landini at bham.ac.uk
Sun Jun 5 13:32:16 CDT 2011

Hi
Great to see the alpha 3 out. Not sure if people are happy for comments at
this stage, but just in case... All comments are made with a positive intent.

For some reason, the images (for example the Clown sample) when enlarged, the
first and last rows and columns of pixels appear to have pixels that are half
the size of the rest of the image pixels. (Sure pixels do not have area, but
for positioning of ROIs and so on perhaps they should be represented as the
rest of the pixels).

I see that ROIs have a black border around. Is there any plan to be able to
turn that off? Otherwise we cannot see what is underneath the ROI. Or perhaps
best to make these semi transparent? Or with dotted lines in alternating
colours?  I see lots of room for confusion in terms of what is the image and
what is overlay or things disappearing because the overlay having the same
colour as the background.

Something I noted in IJ1 is that having lots of overlays being shown makes it
run very slow. Has anybody noticed this? Maybe they get refreshed/repainted
too often. I wonder if it is worth looking at the performance of having ROIs
as overlays as they appear in the alpha 3.

I also noted that the black border around images cannot be switched off in the
Edit Options. I wonder if this is related to the half pixel display mentioned
above.

Regards to all,

Gabriel