[ImageJ-devel] [fiji-devel] Minutes of the ImgLib2 algorithms discussion

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Wed Jun 1 20:14:08 CDT 2011

Hi Steffi,

last Friday Curtis, Saalfeld and me discussed the conventions for algorithm
> development.
>

> I summarized them on the Fiji wiki here:
>
> http://pacific.mpi-cbg.de/wiki/index.php/ImgLib2_Algorithms

Nice writeup—I think all points are quite clear.

One thing not mentioned is who is going to handle the various action items:

1) Creation of MultiThreading interface: Steffi
2) Split of algorithms: Saalfeld & anyone who creates a new algorithms
subpackage (and Curtis available to help if needed)
3) Cleanup of existing tests: Curtis?
4) Creation of new tests: whoever wrote the relevant code being tested
5) Improvements to ImgIOUtils for permanent caching: Curtis
6) Benchmarker class: Steffi?

For #3, I have been planning to organize the ImgLib2 tests (standardize
package structure, move various human tests into the imglib2-tests project),
but am not sure when I will find the time. Some time this summer, certainly.

For #5, I have filed a ticket to make sure I don't forget:
  http://dev.imagejdev.org/trac/imagej/ticket/557

Cheers,
Curtis