|Shape Filter Plugin (ImageJ/Fiji)|
|Latest version||v1.4.2 (14 July 2016)|
The ImageJ Shape Filter Plugin use the [ij-blob] library to characterize and filter objects in binary scenes by its shape. Therefore, several features are calculated as shown below.
If you like to cite the Shape Filter plugin in a scientific publication, please cite:
Wagner, T and Lipinski, H 2013. IJBlob: An ImageJ Library for Connected Component Analysis and Shape Analysis. Journal of Open Research Software 1(1):e6, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5334/jors.ae
- Area (): The area enclosed by the outer contour of an object.
- Area Convex Hull (): The area enclosed by the convex hull of the outer contour of an object.
- Perimeter (): The perimeter of the outer contour of an object.
- Perimeter Convex Hull (): The perimeter of the convex hull of the particle.
- Feret Diameter: The maximum distance between the two parallel tangents touching the particle outline in all directions.
- Min. Feret Diameter: the minimum distance between the two parallel tangents touching the particle outline in all directions.
- Max. Inscr. Circle Diameter: The diameter of the maximum inscribed circle.
- Area eq. circle diameter: Equivalent circle diameter
- Long Side Minimum Bounding Rectangle (): The larger side of the minimum bounding rectangle.
- Short Side Minimum Bounding Rectangle (): The smaller side of the minimum bounding rectangle.
- Aspect Ratio: Defined as
- Area to Perimeter Ratio: Defined as
- Circularity: Defined as
- Elongation: Defined as
- Convexity: Defined as
- Solidity: Defined as
- Number of Holes: The number of holes inside an object.
- Thinnes Ratio: Inverse proportional to the circularity. Furthermore it normed. It is defined as
- Contour Temperatur: It has a strong relationship to the fractal dimension, defined as
- Orientation: The orientation of the major axis from in grad (measured counter clockwise from the positive x axis).
- Fractal Box Dimension: Estimated fractal dimension by the box count algorithm. The default box-sizes are “2,3,4,6,8,12,16,32,64”.
You could simply use our update site "Biomedgroup" to install the shape filter plugin.